Media Accreditation to the Vienna International Centre
Bona fide representatives of the media - print media, photo, radio, television and film, news agencies, freelance journalists and online media - who fully meet UN media accreditation requirements ( see below) can be accredited to the Vienna International Centre (VIC) and to all UN conferences in Vienna.
Media representatives wishing to cover the 8 th session of the Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention against Corruption, Abu Dhabi, 16 - 20 December 2019 should write in English to email@example.com and attach required documents .
Types of accreditation
Please send an e-mail request indicating details of which event you want to cover to: press. firstname.lastname@example.org
You can request a badge for one day, several days or the length of the conference you are covering.
Please fill out the online form and follow instructions.
Yearly accreditation badges are valid from the date of issue until 30 November the same year. The accreditation can be renewed in November for the following year.
- Guidelines for media access to the VIC.
- Requirements for all media accreditation requests
- Procedure for picking up your credentials
- General information
Media representatives with a valid press accreditation and who are granted access to the Vienna International Centre must abide by the guidelines concerning media access and coverage .
Print, radio and TV, photo journalists, news agencies must provide
- A letter of assignment on official letterhead of a media organization signed by the Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, or Assignment Editor (along with their contact information). It should be current, and include a) the duration of the assignment, b) verifiable information regarding the reach of the media (print circulation, radio/television audience, digital audiences (web site, social media).
- Scanned image of a valid press card (national or international)
- Scanned image of passport/national ID card
- Completed online accreditation form (only for yearly accreditation) or e-mail request to email@example.com (for any other accreditation request).
Online media must meet the following requirements, in addition to those above:
- The website must belong to a recognized media organization and have a specific, verifiable street address and a telephone number.
- The website must have at least 60 per cent original news content or commentary or analysis, including coverage of international or UN-related issues.
- Media representatives are required to submit six (6) by-lined articles within the past 12 months that were posted on the website.
- The website must be updated at a minimum of three times a week.
Freelance journalists including photographers, must also provide
- Clear documentation that they are on assignment from a specific news organization or publication.
- A valid assignment letter from that news organization, or publication, is required.
Independent broadcasters and film production companies must provide
- A letter from a broadcast organization or film distributor which has committed to air or distribute the work. The project should be UN-related.
Once you have received confirmation by e-mail, please proceed to either:
- The Security Pass Office located at the main entrance Checkpoint One for yearly accreditation, conference accreditation and accreditation for more than one day. Security staff will issue a media badge with your photo, there is no need to bring your own; or
- The security reception desk at Checkpoint One for a daily press access badge.
Valid photo ID is required for this.
- Media credentials are issued by the United Nations free of charge.
- UNIS offers a press working area in the Vienna International Centre in the M-Building close to the Press Briefing Room and there are rooms for visiting journalists located in the C-Building (C0332-C0334).
- Representatives from online publications which are communications, outreach or advocacy publications of non-governmental or non-profit organizations do not qualify for media accreditation.
- Double accreditation is not permitted (for example: press + delegate, press + NGO, press + family).