Visit the United Nations in Vienna
Visit as a Group
Important Information: No Guided Tours of the Vienna International Centre from 22 December-13 January. Guided Tours will re-open on Monday, 14 January 2019.
Prior reservation is required for groups of 10 or more people. BOOK NOW
Options for adults
Options for university students
Options for kids between 10 and 18 years
Options for children between 6 and 12 years
Subject to the availability of tour guides, group tours may be requested in Arabic, Bosnian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish or Turkish.
Lectures are usually held in English.
A dedicated guide will be assigned to tour bookings for groups of 20 or more people. Once a booking confirmation is issued for 20 or more people, a minimum of 20 tickets will be charged on the day of the tour.
Groups of 10 to 19 people may be opt to either join a tour with other visitors, or can book a dedicated guide for a 20-ticket flat fee.
School groups can book directly with us or organize a visit to the VIC through the Wien Aktion programme offered by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research, or through the City of Vienna's Presse und Informationsdienst (PID).
Tickets are sold at the Visitors Service counter after arriving through the Vienna International Centre main entrance (Gate 1). Please assign one group representative to pay for your group ticket in cash at least 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
The group representative must also present a numbered printed participant list including the first and last names of all individuals on the tour, including teachers and group leaders. Download template for a numbered participant list
Price per person:
Your visit is confirmed as soon as you receive a booking confirmation by email. Written cancellation or changes to your booking will be accepted up to six working days before the confirmed tour date at no charge.
Changes or cancellations with less than six working days' notice will incur a cancellation fee: 35 EUR per booking for 10-20 visitors; 70 EUR per booking for 21-40 visitors; 105 EUR per booking for 41-60 visitors. Submission of a booking request implies that this policy has been read and understood.
When visiting the VIC, please bear in mind the following:
- You will have to pass a security check. Please do not forget to bring a valid official identification document (national ID card, passport or driving licence; a paper copy or a photo of the ID is not acceptable).
- As the security check might get busy, we recommend you to be at the VIC at least 15 minutes before the scheduled starting time of the tour.
- For security reasons the Visitors Service cannot take responsibility for your luggage at the VIC and it is not possible to store it while on the tour.
- Payment is in cash only, so please bring it with you.
- The Visitors Service is closed on the official UN Holidays and from 22 December 2018 to 13 January 2019. Guided tours re-open on Monday 14 January 2019.